Friday, October 14, 2011

The Other Cross

This is just a short story that I wrote. Enjoy and praise God. The first couple of lines are Luke 23:39-42. (I changed it to first person)

The criminal to the left yelled to Jesus, "Aren't You the Messiah? Save Yourself and us!"
"Don't you even fear God since you are under-going the same punishment," I rebuked, "We are punished justly because we're getting back what we deserve for the things we did, but this man has done nothing wrong! Jesus remember me when You go into Your kingdom!"
"I assure you: Today you will be with me in paradise," Jesus answered me.
"Fool," shouted the criminal, "What is your name, you fool who believes that this man is the Messiah?"
"People call me many things," I whispered, "Some call me Fred or Murphy. others call me Laura or Mary-Anne. I am every man and every woman in the near and far future who realize how wrong they've been. I am everyone that finds the truth, that is this: no matter what I've done, God has forgiven me me through this man who is dieing on the cross. I am everyone who, lying on their death bed, finally sees the bigger picture, that all along God has been with them. I am the symbol of the on and only living God's mercy and grace," I took a deep breathe, "I am saved through Jesus the Messiah!"
With that I took my last breathe on earth and entered the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment